This review is for Burt’s Bees dog ear cleaner, which comes from a US company that’s been around for more than 30 years, originally just making natural skincare products for dog owners (and other humans)! I don’t know if they make a cleaning product for our ears, but the 4 fluid ounce dropper bottle of dog ear cleaner contains a liquid product containing natural oils like Peppermint Oil, Witch Hazel, and Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil. These have been carefully blended into a solution that is an ideal pH (not too acid or alkaline) for dogs.
- CLEANS AND SOOTHES DOG'S EARS - Burt's Bees dog ear cleaner cleans, soothes, and removes excess moisture from your dog or puppy's ears. Dog ear cleaner solution helps prevent dog ear infection.
- MADE WITH THE HIGHEST QUALITY INGREDIENTS - All natural ingredients includes witch hazel, which removes excess buildup, and peppermint oil, which soothes irritation.
- EASY TO USE - Place the dog ear cleaner bottle at the entry of the ear canal and squeeze 2-4 drops inside. Gently massage ear and repeat twice weekly as needed.
- SUITABLE FOR ALL DOGS AND PUPPIES - This gentle ear cleaner is pH balanced specially for all dogs and puppies.
- 100% SAFE - Veterinarian recommended formula, free of fragrances, sulfates, colorants, and harsh chemicals.
This means that it’s 100% safe, and Burt’s Bees say that the formulation is veterinarian approved. It contains no fragrances, sulfates, colors or other harsh chemicals, so it should not cause any adverse reaction or irritation on your much loved pet.
The bottles are made from 80% recycled plastic, and are available in twin packs for convenient purchase. Don’t worry about buying too much and having to throw it away, as the cleaner has a long shelf life of three years!
The cleaner is designed to gently cleans as the Witch Hazel gets to work, while the Peppermint Oil soothes. The solution also removes excess moisture from your dog’s or puppy’s ears, making them less of an attractive home for bacteria to grow. Overall, it helps to prevent dog ear infection so that your canine friend doesn’t have to suffer from itchy, smelly or gunky ear canals.
To use, two to four drops should be squeezed into the entrance of the ear canal (the part just under the flap most people call the ear) and gently massaged in twice a week should be enough to keep your pet happy and free from ear trouble.
Hopefully this will mean no expensive visits to your local (or not so local) vet for exams and Rx’s!
To summarize, Burt’s Bees dog ear cleaner is made by a company with many years experience in making care products natural ingredients and is available 4 fl oz bottles made from 80% recycled materials. It is also available in a two bottle pack, and as it has a shelf life of three years, you shouldn’t have to be replacing it too often. It is designed to clean and soothe your dog’s or puppy’s ears, so preventing infection and the associated itching, odor and discharge. It is one item in the Burt’s Bees range of natural products for dogs; eyes, nose, paws and skin care are also taken care of.
- Designed to prevent ear infections with regular use
- Made with natural products
- Free of fragrances, sulfates, colorants, and harsh chemicals.
- Optimal pH for your dog
- OK for puppies too
- Bottle plastic is 80% recycled
- Available in 2 bottle pack
- Long shelf life of 3 years
- Also make products for canine eyes, paws, nose and skin.
- Not designed to treat existing infections
- Has to be used regularly and continuously